There are different financial arrangements depending on which of our courses you are on. Find out more below, or contact us for further information.

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma

There are no tuition fees for students under the age of 19 in September of the year they wish to begin the Extended Diploma.

We are currently awaiting confirmation on Government and further education funding agencies to determine whether there will be any funding for students aged 19 – 23 years.

Foundation Degree and BA (Hons)

Fees and Loans

The 2020/21 fees are currently to be confirmed. 

Tuition Fee Loan: You can get a loan from the UK Government to cover the cost of your tuition fees whilst you are studying. You start to pay back this student loan after you have left university and you are earning over £25,000 a year.

Living Costs Loan: You can apply for financial support from the Government to help you meet your living costs during your studies, which is known as a Maintenance Loan. Your household income and other circumstances determine the specific financial support that is available to you.

Applying for Student Loans

You must apply online via the Student Finance website. 

Chickenshed is currently in the process of registration for the new government body responsible for Higher Education, the Office for Students. Tuition fees will be set after that process has been completed. You will then be able to apply for your student loan for tuition fees. Until then, if you are waiting to apply for a student loan email [email protected] and we will inform you when your student loan application can be completed.

All full or part-time undergraduate students in the UK have to re-apply for Student Finance each academic year. If you have had a break from Education, you will have to make a new application via Student Finance remembering to add your Customer Reference Number from any previous application.

You will need the below information when completing the form:

Course Institution Course Title Course Fees*

Chickenshed Theatre

290 Chase Side, Southgate, London, N14 4PE

Foundation Degree in Inclusive Performance

Course Fees for 2019/20 are set at £6000

Chickenshed Theatre

290 Chase Side, Southgate, London, N14 4PE

BA (Hons) Top-Up Inclusive Performance Course Fees for 2019/20 are set at £6000

* All successful applicants to the programme receive a bursary which is automatically deducted from the full fee before billing, so you will only need to apply to Student Finance England for the remaining costs.

Disabled Student Allowance

Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) helps to pay for extra costs disabled students may have to pay when studying their course, as a direct result of their disability or specific learning difficulty. For example DSA can help to pay for travel, a non-medical helper, study skills to help, specialist equipment and other course-related costs. DSA is not means-tested. 

It is important to know that a University cannot apply for funding directly for the support they provide for students - each individual student has to make their own application.

Who can apply: UK Students who are studying for full or part-time, on an undergraduate or postgraduate course, can apply.

When to apply: You should apply for DSA at the same time as you apply for your student finances.

How to apply: You should submit your application for student finance as usual, making sure to tick the relevant box on the form relating to disability. You should then download the additional Student Finance Form, fill it in and send it with all the required evidence for the attention of: DSA Assessment Team (always keep a photocopy of your form and any evidence, and send Recorded Delivery).

It would be very helpful for you to give Chickenshed a copy of this form too and keep us updated on the progress of your application.

A table for DSA Needs Assessors which lists Non Medical Helper (NMH) support which Chickenshed is able to provide can be downloaded here.

Watch a video from the Student Loan Company about the process of applying for Tuition Fees, Maintenance Loans and Disabled Student’s Allowance (as well as other types of support available, dependent upon your personal circumstances).